Right now drug stores are one of the most in-demand businesses in the market — a piece of sad news to hear, knowing that the reason behind this market boom of drug store products is the fruit of the rampant spread of a pandemic.
While that is the case entrepreneurs can see this as a way to invest in a drug store business and bring better access to medical products to their community — with this idea, one business many would probably think first in terms of investing in a drug store brand is Mercury Drug.
The most well-known drug store brand in the Philippines; however, are they open for a franchise? If you’re interested to know, read further and find out the possibility of being a Mercury Drug franchisee.
About Mercury Drug
On March 1, 1945, Philippines witnessed the establishment of Mercury Drug, but this drug store company became a full-blown store, it’s founder started as a medicine peddler, selling sulfathiazole in ‘tingi-tingi’ to make the drug more affordable to the public.
More than 70 years since its establishment, that medicine peddler became the founder of the most recognized drug store brand in the Philippines, catering to the needs of millions of Filipinos nationwide. Today Mercury Drugs had grown to over 1,200 stores nationwide and one of the most awarded businesses in the Philippines.
Can you Franchise Mercury Drug?
With the reputable brand name and decades of industry practice, Mercury Drug is one of the top contenders in terms of business investments that entrepreneurs want to dive into if they’re thinking of starting a business within the pharmaceutical industry.
However, it is unfortunate that Mercury Drug is not open for franchising opportunities, and there is also no news or signs of the company opening its doors to interested franchise applicants.
Things You Should Know If You Want to Start a Drug Store Business
While Mercury Drug is not open for franchising, do not lose hope as there are also plenty of drug store companies that offer franchising opportunities, and if you are still interested you may check out the following information that you should know about drug store business in the Philippines.
- Every drug store in the Philippines is subjected to follow the standard minimum lot requirement of 15 square meters. Businesses who fail to comply will be approved to operate their business.
- Drug store franchises have a high requirement in terms of financial investment which may not fit every capital budget of people starting their first business.
Address: 7 Mercury Ave. cor. C. P. Garcia Ave., Bagumbayan, Quezon City, 1110 Metro Manila, Philippines
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Contact No.: (632) 8911 5071
Why Drug Store Business Are Great Business Investments
- The demand for pharmaceutical products is always present, regardless of location.
- It’s one of the most in-demand stores during this pandemic, where drug stores are the major suppliers of numerous necessities of frontlines and the general citizens.
- Drug stores are a great way to help your community have better access to medical supplies.